Howard-Miami Mennonite Church
Howard-Miami Mennonite Church exists to love, glorify and worship God, to love and serve others, to share the Gospel,
And to encourage each other to become fully devoted followers of Jesus, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
9:30 a.m. Education Hour: Children (age 3 through grade 5) meet in the J.A.M. area (basement) for Sunday school.
10:30 a.m. Worship Service
Announcements, sharing time, & congregational prayer
Call to Worship
Songs of praise
(Children ages 4 through 2rd Grade are dismissed for children’s church. Nursery care is available at the back of the sanctuary.)
Proclaiming God’s Word
Message: The Church Building
Responding & Sending
Song of response
Worship Leader: Dale Birkey
Music: Joyce Dittfield, Karen Kendall
Ushers: Verba Engel, Elsie Horner
Message: Kenny Cole
Next Sunday June 23, 2019: Pastor Sarah will bring the morning message. Scripture, Philippians 4:8-9
The lot selection is planned for Sunday, June 23 during worship. Tom Andrews and Kent Wilson both received strong support on the Elder Affirmation ballot last week. One will be chosen by lot for a 3-year term as elder.
The Women’s Council, in honor of all Father’s at Howard-Miami has donated $100 to the KUO Manu program in honor of Father’s Day.
The Morningstar Church picnic in Muncie is next Saturday June 22. Morningstar serves both food and the Word of God to the people of their community every Saturday, but the picnic is a major event that brings together many people in their local area. This is a great opportunity to serve and to see the ministry that Morningstar does. We will leave from the church at 8 am that morning, and be back by 3 pm or so. Let Kent Wilson know if you plan to go and serve that day.
Sunday, June 30 at 4 pm we have been invited to a Prayer Walk in Peru, This is a joint event with several churches from Peru and Miami County. From 4-5:30, we will gather on the River Walk (near the Fire Station and Miami Fort playground) for fellowship and food. At 5:30, we will walk from the River Walk to the High School, praying for God's hand to work in Peru.
On Sunday, July 7 at 6 p.m., Justin and Hannah Mast will host an ice cream social and share about their work in Slovenia.
The Men's Group will not meet through the summer. Men’s Breakfast will still meet every 2ndSaturday of the month.
Howard-Miami has a subscription to Right Now Media, an organization that provides thousands of online Bible studies and videos of conference speakers. You can access Right Now Media online at www.rightnowmedia.org or by getting the Right Now Media app for your phone or tablet. In order to use Right Now Media, you need an account set up through the church. To easily set up your account, text "Right now HMMC" to 41411. A link will be sent to your phone to set up an account through our subscription. Then, feed your faith with the Christian content they have to offer!
We will not be collecting grocery bags for the Buddy Bag program the months of June, July and August. Bring them again starting in September. Thanks to all who participate in this program.
6/21 First day of summer!
6/22 Muncie Picnic (see announcements)
Next Week & Beyond:
6/25 Howard-Miami Heritage Society 2 p.m.
6/25 Pastors/Elders 7 p.m.
6/25 Outreach Team 6 p.m.
6/30 Prayer walk in Peru 4 p.m.
7/7 Ice Cream Social with the Mast Family 6 p.m.
June 9, 2019 Worship attendance: 71
June 9, 2019 offering: $2,333.00
Year-to-date offerings: $82,787.41
Average weekly offering to date: $3,599.458
Average needed to meet budget: $3,710.00
Buddy Bags: $1,854.84
· Thank you to everyone who helped with Summer Bible School! It takes the whole church to plant seeds of faith.
Prayers for Healing/Concern:
· Mary Birkey – had her first Radiation treatment this past Tuesday.
· Jim Birky – in hospice care at home. Visitors welcome between the hours of 10 a.m. & 2 p.m.
· Martha Miller – Health concerns with her legs
· Rose Horner – in hospice care at home. Her daughter Patty is requesting a card shower for her. She loves reading her cards, so send a card of encouragement/well wishes or bring them to the church and they will be delivered to her home.
· Malachi Weseman –heart Cath this past Friday
· Rachel Hay (Jeanne DeAngulo’s nephews wife)-is in hospice care with issues related to brain cancer.
· Farmers, for dry weather and wisdom in making decisions about planting.
· Shannon Hatton – had shoulder surgery in Indy and is now at Century Villa Rehab in Greentown. Shannon appreciates visitors anytime and cards.
Prayers for Missionaries:
· Pray for Justin & Hannah Mast as they are in the US for the summer. They will be sharing at Howard-Miami on July 7.
· Pray for Jon & Lindsay Birkey as they serve in Arizona with
· “World Gospel Missions”
Prayers for Community and Beyond:
· Our pastors as they travel this week.
· Thursday is a special day of prayer for our congregation
· Pray for our pastors and each other.
· Remember to pray for the Leaders of our Country.
· Pray for the persecuted Church in all countries.
Prayer requests from Mennonite Mission Network:
June is a busy month for DOOR, a Mennonite Mission Network partner. Pray for youth groups as they experience their faith in new ways in urban settings through the Discover program.