Howard-Miami Mennonite Church
Howard-Miami Mennonite Church exists to love, glorify and worship God, to love and serve others, to share the Gospel, and to encourage each other to become fully devoted followers of Jesus, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
9:30 a.m. Education Hour: Children (age 3 through grade 5) meet in the J.A.M. area (basement) for Sunday school.
10:30 a.m. Worship Service
Announcements, sharing time, & congregational prayer
Call to Worship
Songs of praise
(Children ages 4 through 2rd Grade are dismissed for children’s church. Nursery care is available at the back of the sanctuary.)
Proclaiming God’s Word
Scripture: Luke 19: 1-10
Message: The Untouchables
Responding & Sending
Song of response
Worship Leader: Craig Miller
Music: Deb Statton, Karen Kendall
Ushers: Verba Engel, Elsie Horner
Message: Nic Raber
Next Sunday August 25 2019: John Casbon, will bring the morning message. (Testimony)
Next Sunday August 25th is Teacher Appreciation Sunday.
Howard-Miami Heritage Society meets Tuesday August 27, 2:00 p.m. Focus: Exploring the lives of a number of families from Howard-Miami. We will look at the nation's events such as wars, the depression and various hardships that made life difficult. Everyone is welcome. Come and enjoy some local history.
Mark your calendars for these Women’s Council Fall events.
More information to come as time gets closer!
· September 21st, 9a.m.-4 p.m. Life Event at First Presbyterian in Kokomo
· October 11-13th, IN-MI Women’s Fall Retreat at Camp Amigo
· Wednesday, Dec 18th , Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra 7:30 pm at the Honeywell Center in Wabash
Coffee & Canvas event has been moved to Saturday, November 16, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. The Women’s Council changed the date due to the previous date being on a holiday weekend.
o Ushers will eat latecomers
o Stewardship offertory “Jesus paid it all”
o Don’t let worry kill you off - let the church help
o The sermon this morning: Jesus walks on water Sermon tonight: Searching for Jesus
o The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict
Visitor’s please stop by the Information Center in the Fellowship Hall and sign our Guest Book. Please come again.
Prayers for Healing:
· Shannon Hatton –is now at home she will be continuing Rehab three times a week as an outpatient.
Prayers of Concern:
· Pray for the family of Dawn Wilson. Dawn’s father Joseph Marchese passed away Aug. 11. The viewing & funeral services were held Friday, at St. Patrick’s Church in Kokomo.
Prayers for Missionaries:
· Pray for Justin & Hannah Mast as they serve in Slovenia with CRU. (Crusade for Christ)
· Pray for Jon & Lindsay Birkey as they serve in Arizona with
“World Gospel Missions.” (Here in IN this month)
Prayers for Community and Beyond:
· Thursday is a special day of prayer for our congregation
· Pray for our pastors & family as they are on their sabbatical.
· Remember to pray for the Leaders of our Country.
· Pray for the persecuted Church in all countries.
Prayer requests from Mennonite Mission Network:
Mennonite Mission Network is grateful to God and to Laura Schlabach who has served as interim executive director for JCS in Mongolia for the past year. Pray for Elisabeth Mensert who assumed executive responsibilities on July 1 and for Laura as she returns to former roles in the country where she has worked since 1993.
Jonathan Birkey firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsay Birkey email@example.com
Next Week & Beyond:
8/27 HM Heritage Society 2 p.m.
8/27 Outreach Team 6 p.m.
8/19 Aaron Hannah
8/21 Sherry Otto
8/19 Clint & Peggy Coon
8/20 Leonard & Marilyn Mast
8/24 Harold & Edna Mast
August 11, 2019 Worship attendance: 91
August 11, Offering: $2,402.27
Year-to-date offerings: $112,065.29
Average weekly offering to date: $3,502.04
Average needed to meet budget: $3,710.00
Buddy Bags: $2,617.12
Proceeds for missions from Hog Roast: $2,409.02
Church Office hours: 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Mon, Wed, Thur., Fri
Office Closed on Tues. this week
Pastors: on Sabbatical
Announcements for the bulletin;
call or send an email to the church office by Wednesday 10:30 a.m.
the week you want your item(s) in the bulletin.
You may also text Joyce.